Search ...

Oct 7, 2010

Navarathri Dress No.7 WIP - Skirt with Vent Pleats

A Big Thanks to petit main sauvage i finally got the right technique of adding pleats at skirt vent to add ease and at the same time ensure modesty. 

Since i had to redraft my Skirt sloper which was drafted long back when my waistline was bit (Read a LOT) different from what it is now.... ahem... i could not do one for myself...

Moreover since i am doing the Navarathri Collection of 9 new dresses for my DD of which 6 are complete and 3 are still to be done, hence decided to make her a skirt & top and used my earlier vertical flounce pattern for front and added pleats as explained in petit main sauvage and viola i got a skirt clinging close to body in side seam but still had the ease of movement... Mission Accomplised...

Front View with Flounces

Back View

Alas one sour point though, my sewing machine conked off right when i was about to attach lining to the skirt ... i called the service guy, who said he will call back in 10 minutes, its been half an hour now and no call yet, need to call him back, i badly need my sewing machine as i still have 3 more dresses to finish for my DD, few blouses for self and guess what that too for Navarathri which begins from Tomorrow... god save me....


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link! It's great to see you could put my little tutorial to such good use. When I make a tutorial, I always ask people to leave a link in the comments if they make something using my how-to's but you are the first who actually did. Thanks!

    I hope your sewing machine will be repaired straight away and the collection will be a great succes.


Your comments make my day! Thanks