For Sale - Kids Custom Clothing From Adithis Amma Sews- Click Here
Online Teaching ..takes a new meaning with all those Tutorials floating online for free. Here is another one from AdithisAmmaSews
As promised, motivated by comments (5 inspiring souls did bother to comment and encourage me!) i hereby present the short tutorial i had drafted for Cowl Neck.
Please try it on some muslin or cheap fabric, get your pattern fit tested and then try on expensive fabrics.
In case of any doubts feel free to buzz me.
Feedback and comments are highly appreciated. Also plan to open a flicker pool, in case you happen to use any of my tutorials, i would be happy to see how your creations turned out.
Depending on the response for this tute, i plan to do some tutorials in future. Have a few ideas in mind, may be i shall have a poll and whichever gets your votes, will get featured. What say?
COWL NECK PATTERN DRAFT
- Cut Out the Traced Pattern on the outline
- Cut Along Slashed Lines Upto Shoulder Tip and Upto Bust Point, Take care not to cut through them
- Take another Paper wide and Long enough to accomdate cowl
- Mark a Point 4 inches from the top of the folded paper. Name it as T
- Place above cut pattern on folded paper such that
- SX touches the guideline
- Center Front gets positioned on the fold at the point below bust level
- Fold on SX Line. Cut Out Pattern across all 4 layers of paper starting from S , till S to TS
- Then Unfold the SX Line and then cut remaining TS-A, A-W, W-D, D-D1, D1-F
- From Z Draw Curved Line to Join Point T
- Cut along the curved Line
Place the pattern on bias grain of folded fabric. Yellow paper is to be assumed as fabric and the cowl neck pattern is placed on bias grain line on fold.
Important Note: Test fit this pattern and if you feel neck is gaping too much then try this adjustment slightly move the Cowl pattern placed on fabric outwards from Shoulder to Neck Depth till where you feel it is gaping.
See the picture below where the pattern is slightly placed outside of fabric fold from Shoulder till a certain neck depth so that gaping can be cut out and the cowl will drape elegantly and modesty will also be maintained.
Comments, Queries ,
brickbats are most welcome!
More tutorials found here